




So, I went to my first rugby match this weekend. It was actually a double-header. It lived up to all of my expectations. Rugby is a really great sport! It was really fun to watch the game live because I was able to understand a bit more of what was going on. I still don't really understand the penalties, but at least I was able to keep up woth the game. The first match was the London Irish vs. the London Wasps. The Irish won. The second game was the Harlequins vs. the Saracens. The Harlequins won. I had some rowdy fans right by me for the second game. Luckily they were Harlequin fans so I didn't have to fear for my life when the game was over. Overall, it was a really cool experience. Sorry the pictures aren't very good, but action shots are difficult. Anyway... talk about a tough sport, I can even imagine how intense it is out there on the field. No pads and full body contact. Not to mention, some of these guys are huge. And not just big, but big and agile... Fast and large makes for big collissions.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great day! Wish I could have gone with you. I wish I were in your shoes often. Continue to have a great time, those of us who live vicariously through you need the excitement.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment