Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rain...

It is raining today in London (big surprise) and as I headed out this morning I thought to myself how I love the rain. I really do love it, just not when I have to walk in it. Well anyway, I walked to the train station this morning and when I got there I was a bit wet, and my back pack was really wet, and I thought about rain and water. It made me think of God and how I treat him sometimes... Let me explain. Water is necessary for survival. You simply have to have it to live. Sometimes you want to bask in it, swim in it, play in it, stand under it, etc... Sometimes you drink it in. Then there are times when you don't want to get wet. You would prefer the water stay off of you, so you carry an umbrella, or wear a raincoat. The interesting thing is, no matter what you do, the water usually penetrates through and gets to you. That's how God is. Sometimes I am ready to swim and play and bask in him and all of his glory and sometimes I get prideful and think that I can do it on my own, so I walk around with my "umbrella". But the awesome thing about God is, no matter what I do, he always penetrates and gets through to me. What a wonderful, patient, loving God we serve.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That is a beautiful thought! Thanks for sharing.