




This past weekend I spent an absolutely wonderful weekend with two ladies from work. We went to Devon on holiday... On the way there, I was we passed Stonehenge. I was really thankful because I didn't want to leave England without seeing it, but on the other hand didn't want to make a day trip to look at a rock formation. This way I got to see it without actually having to "go see it".
We ended up staying in a holiday park in North Devon. We rented a caravan, or camper trailer, and had a weekend by the sea...
On Saturday we headed to the beach. We walked to Morthoe and walked along the rock beach that is there... It was really beautiful! I have a few pictures taken from there posted above. It was awesome to be by the beach and not be hot. :-) Next we walked further down the coastline to Woolacombe. This is where the sand beach is. We each bought a Cornish pasty and sat on a bench overlooking the ocean to eat it. On the walk back from the beach, we found a rope swing and Michelle and I each had a go. It was really fun and needless to say many laughs were shared there. Later in the day we went to Ilfracombe to get some provisions for the day. While we were there, we ate fish and chips by the harbor. How fun is that? Then we went back to our caravan to chill.
Sunday we went back to Woolacombe and spent a few hours sitting by the sea. It was just really relaxing and nice. We popped over to Ilfracombe for Sunday's provisions and while we were there I got to have a proper Devonshire Cream Tea. (also pictured above) Apparently Devon is known for it's clotted cream served with tea. I have to say that the cream was so thick and sweet, it was wonderful! Then we headed back to camp.
Most of the weekend was spent relaxing and just enjoying one another's company. I had such a wonderful time... I also learned a few things.
1. While driving to your holiday destination, you want the cows to all be standing up... Apparently the tale goes that if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
2. I learned that queuing is likely on all roads on a bank holiday weekend.
3. I learned that the beds in the caravans that you rent are smaller than twin size beds and are not really condusive to quality sleeping if you are an adult.
I am sure I am leaving out a lot of details, but needless to say, it was fab!
1 comment:
I am so glad you updated. I love to read about all your adventures (I think I live vicariously thorough you!).
Post a Comment