Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Desire...

I have been reading a book called, Strong Women Soft Hearts. So far it has been a really amazing book and I recommend it to all of my sisters out there who may be reading this post. In the second chapter the author talks about desire. She talks about how we so easily give up our desires for various reasons and in various ways. It lead me to start thinking about my being in England. It has always been a desire of my heart to live overseas and now I am living it. What an amazing blessing it is! I trusted God with that desire and he allowed me to experience it. Not always do we get to experience our desires, but God knows what they are and I think he wants us to share them with him. Dare to dream with him...
Yesterday I found out that my contract here will be extended until March 2009 completing a full year here in England. I am very excited and look forward to what will be in store for the next 7 months.
Anyway... to sum it up, spend some time today thinking about your desires and then offer them to the Lord. He's the one who can bring them to reality. :o)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Kates, I love this post for so many reasons! I love that God has been so good to grant you the desires of your heart.

I am so happy you will be in England until March! (Can I visit again?) :)

And, it is making me think about my desires. Sometimes, I think I don't even know what my desires and dreams are anymore. In fact, was thinking about it yesterday when I met an LU student in the hall... who had the most amazing dreams.

Guess it is time for me to start dreaming again.

Love you!