Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Swan Lake

I am sorry. I know it has been a while since I have written. Life for the past few weeks has been quite busy.

Spring is coming to England and it is welcome change. The sun is rising earlier and staying out later. Not that you really get to see the sun, due to the clouds, but at least there is light in the sky... Everywhere you go, there are daffodils and other flowers blooming. I noticed this morning that even some of the flowering trees are beginning to bloom. It doesn't get as cold here as I am used to, so the grass stays green all winter long and most flowers are safe to stay outside. If there is frost, it's usually not too heavy. At any rate, I am enjoying the changing of the season and am thankful that the longer days of summer are on their way.

Last night, I was able to see the Royal Ballet present Swan Lake. I found a ticket online for 10 pounds and decided that I could not pass up the opportunity... I knew in advance that the ticket would be for a standing only seat and that the view wouldn't be very good. Despite these things, it was worth going. The music and dancing were wonderful. I am really thankful for the opportunities I have had to see live productions of some of my favorite things...

I am also thankful that the Lord has given me the personality that he has. I don't mind doing things by myself... Last night I left work and had a nice dinner before the ballet and then attended the event alone. A lot of people would quickly pass up the option of doing these kinds of things knowing that they had to do them solo, but I am thankful for a my adventurous disposition that doesn't mind trying something new. I think that Lord has really blessed me by letting me do some of these things here in England.

Well, I guess that's all. I could easily sum up the rest of my life by saying three words, work, reading and commuting. They seem to be how I spend the bulk of my time. Hope things are going well in your neck of the woods.

No comments: