Friday, March 20, 2009

Driving...

In just 11 days, I will be packing up and making a trip back to the U.S. There are several things that I am looking forward to about this trip... In fact, I was just day dreaming about them today. A suprising thing to you may be that I am really looking foward to driving...

Because I have been here in England for a year now, I have found myself living without a car for about a year now... I have had the opportunity to drive on my two prior visits home and I had about a week that I drove here in England. Unfortunately, when my colleague went back to the U.S. the car became an un-necessary expense. Fair enough...

Anyway- sitting here today at work, daydreaming about my trip, I began to think of driving with the windows down and the spring air filling the car... listening to the radio and letting my hair go wild. I REALLY miss that. Most trains don't have windows and the windows that they do have are not condusive to this kind of feeling... I've been missing out. :)

Now my mind is continuing... the last time I road in a car was January when Yvan rented a car for us... before that, I literally can't remember. Car rides are so few and far between that I don't know... For a country like the U.S. that has mostly been built around the automobile, this may be hard to imagine, but for a country like England that was primarily built before cars, this is not an unusual thought...

So finally, I come round full circle and think again about my trip home...

A few things I am really looking forward to:
Seeing family and friends (including meeting Baby Girl Harless)
Eating Mexican food
Shopping at Target
Sonic drinks
American T.V.
Knowing that when I come back I only have 11 days before leaving for Mauritius
Taking care of my taxes (getting my return processed)
Finding people who would not pronounce Toucester the same way we pronounce "toaster"
And you got it... driving :)

No comments: