Friday, June 20, 2008

Pray for Ayumi

Hey everyone,
Please pray for Ayumi (pronounced I-You-Me). She is a Japanese student that is staying in the Christian college house here in Utah this summer. Last night she asked me tons of questions about what it means to be a Christian and how you become a Christian (until 2 a.m.) . It was amazing! I am not sure how much she understood because of our communication barrier, but she is seeking and wants to know the truth. Please pray that God will use my words and make them understood in her heart. I have bought a Bible for her in Japanese and hope that she will be able to read it and understand the love of God in her native language.
I thought I came to Utah to talk to Mormons, little did I know that God was persuing a beatiful Japanese girl in the next bed. Praise Him!!! Who is like the Lord our God?

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! It is so cool to hear about how God orchestrates things that we would never dream up. I will be praying for Ayumi...and you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie:

Found a follow-up for Ayumi. I assume you're in Salt Lake City or close to it. This was on the SBC website:

First Southern Baptist Japanese Church of Utah
1175 W 600 N
Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Says there are only 21 members, but at least you wouldn't be leaving her high & dry. No phone number was listed, but the e-mail address posted is:

fsbjcu@earthlink.net

You could pass it on to her, if you're still there.

Kit