Thursday, October 23, 2008

Commuting in the dark...

As summer has given way to autumn in London, the days have grown shorter and shorter. I have found that I now commute to and from work in the dark. I am told that it will only get worse as daylight savings time ends and winter sets in...
I am not entirely opposed to this, but I suppose I didn't realize how much farther north I was latitudinally compared to Missouri... Regardless, I am enjoying the crisp air and the falling leaves that come with autumn. Another nice thing is that I get to enjoy London in the dark. It is a really beautiful city all lit up in the darkness... I suppose I didn't get much of that in the summer when the sun stayed up until after 10p.m. (seriously)
I don't guess I have much else to write, but for the benefit of Tracey, I am at least writing something :)
Happy Autumn!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ooh...it is so pretty there in the dark. Bet there are even more folks sleeping on the train. :)