Okay, so maybe the title is a little bit deceptive, but today I got up early and went out for some excercise. The streets of Weybridge were utterly deserted (as they should be at 5 a.m.) but I did run into an interesting little visitor. At first when I saw it, I thought it was a stray dog or cat, but having not seen any stray animals since I got here, I thought it was rather odd. When I got closer, I realized it wasn't a dog or cat at all... It was a fox! That's right... just trotting through the middle of town.
I know absolutely nothing about foxes execpt that they are wise and cunning... This I of course learned from fables. I was a little apprehensive as I approached it not knowing what to expect. He stood his ground though... Brave little guy. A few moments later a car pulled around the corner and scared him off.
I don't honestly know what I would have done had I gotten all the way up the street to where he stood. I probably would have tried to chase him off, much like I would a dog, but not knowing the behavior of foxes am glad that I didn't have to do that.
As a result, I am spending some time today studying up on foxes and I am investing in a headlamp so that I can see better on my early morning trots.
Happy Monday!
1 comment:
Wow. Who would have thought the little girl from Norborne would see her first fox jogging in the streets of UK. I'm proud of you keep up good work, maybe you should give the fox a name like Nigel so he can can jog along with you. Ha!
Post a Comment