As August melts away in September, I get the feeling that I am experiencing spring in Mauritius. The sun is rising earlier and staying out just a touch later. (In Mauritius the hours of daylight don't change drastically between the seasons) The air is warming a bit...
Last year I spent the month of September in Mauritius with my husband and his parents before heading back to the U.S. to prepare for our wedding. I remember the month was cool and damp. It made me happy because I realized that there were days when I would want to wear jeans and a sweatshirt, even in Mauritius. :-) I also remembered that because I was coming from summer time in England, all I brought with me were shorts and t-shirts...
I also remember knowing that summer was just around the corner...
This is where my concern comes. Summer. Ugh...
Don't get me wrong. I like the sun as much as anyone else, it's the heat and humidity that I am not looking forward to. I am not looking forward to being on mold patrol to keep everything from getting ruined. I am not looking forward to taking two showers a day just to stay fresh. I am not looking forward to leaving the doors and windows open all the time (especially since there are no screens on the windows). I am not looking forward to wearing jeans and socks at my in-laws house no matter how hot it is in an effort to not be eaten alive by bugs. But... there are a few things I am looking forward to, and I am going to focus on those until winter finds it's way to me again... So. These are the things I am looking forward to:
1. All of the good holidays happen in the summer here. Thanksgiving and Christmas included. I am looking forward to that. I am also looking forward to having my first "REAL" Christmas here. Last year, we had just moved in so we didn't have a tree or do any of the traditional Christmas things.
2. Fresh avacado... I can't wait to make guacamole!
3. The sound of the fan running at night. (It's really soothing to me)
4. Okay... so that's about all I have come up with so far, but I'm really trying!
For all of you in different hemispheres, I hope that you enjoy your autumn and pray that you will enjoy winter as much as I did.
1 comment:
Very great blog, 10. That blog has created good, congratulations!
I am Javi de Esapña present and I would love to visit my blog is www.javiervg12.blogspot.com
Post a Comment