Okay, so it's not officially September yet, but it's getting close.
Last year, September was a wonderful month for me because I was spending the month in Mauritius with my fiance. We had a lot of fun and really enjoyed having all of that time together. We also were able to get civilly married here in Mauritius before our religious "real" wedding in December.
September is also the month of my husband's birthday. Funny enough, my father-in-law and my nephew also share birthdays in September and they all fall two days apart starting on the 8th.
Now last year, when I was here, I had only brought shorts and t-shirts with me. It is still winter here, but I only remember being cold a handful of days. This year, I am wearing jeans and a fleece pullover. It appears as though I have become a weenie in a very short time. Yikes...
Not much has been going on in this corner of the world, but I did find something at the South African grocery store yesterday that made me ridiculously happy. What was it you ask? Miracle Whip! I can't wait to whip up some tuna sandwiches... Ironically, I also found dill and sweet pickles there! Hurray!!!
Yep, that's it. It takes very little to excite me...
In other news. We are getting closer to starting our house. We are hoping to talk to the bank this week to get the wheels turning. Crazy stuff.
I guess I'm really out of things to say. So... I'll catch you later.
5 comments:
~Katie~
That's great that you guys will be starting work on your new house soon. :D Has the land been cleared out already? You'll have to add photos of your progress once the building actually begins!
Your trip to Rodrigues sounded like it was a blast! You island hopper, you! :D
Take care! ~Sherry
Hi Sherry-
I hope things are going well in the north... Did you soak up all the sun you could this summer?
Our land is not yet cleared, but we will begin that process soon...
I will post pictures as progress is made. I can't wait!
Ok.. testing new picture & name on your blog Katie. I got bored tonight and decided to see if these blog ID names can be changed. :D
Can't see if it worked till I send something, so testing 1, 2, 3..
Hey, it worked! :O)
It rained for over 30 days straight this summer in Anchorage. Broke a record. :o(
It's sure beautiful right now though. I wish I could bottle our weather and keep it just like this for the next 6 months.. (yeah, right)
Talk to you later! ~~Sherry
Cute new picture. :-)
I am sorry that you all have had so much rain, but hopefully you can soak up the beautiful weather before it gets cold again... I'm trying to soak up the not so hot days before it gets steamy here. :-)
Post a Comment