Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Holiday

I know it's been a while. I have been away on a summer holiday. Now I am back at home trying to fight the pile of laundry that is left...

This year my husband and I spent most of our vacation on the island of Rodrigues. Rodrigues is another island that is part of Mauritius although it is quite a distance away. The flight was one and half hours, which is not bad...

There is nothing not to love about Rodrigues. It is a beautiful island with lots of scenic views. You can see the ocean from almost everywhere. The mountains and valleys are awesome. The island is MUCH cleaner than Mauritius. You don't see polution everywhere and the air is cleaner too. There are fewer people there, fewer cars and just more peace and quiet.

Much of the island exists on agriculture so you see lots of goats, chickens and cows as you drive. The people are friendly and genuine. The food is really good! They make the most amazing sausages. Super Yum!

I'm not a huge fan of salted fish but am planning to taste the dried octopus we brought home sometime this week. I guess we'll see what I think of it...

I'd love to pack up and move to Rodrigues. Maybe someday we will. But for now, it will linger is my mind as the peaceful holiday getaway.

No comments: