Monday, April 25, 2011

Shamefully overdue post







Right... So, I haven't blogged since the beginning of January. Things have just been crazy busy...

Where do I begin?

The house is coming along really well. They are supposed to be putting in the windows and exterior doors this week and by the end of the week, our main contractor should be handing over our house. After that, we begin the finishing works like plumbing, electricity, tiling, painting, cabinetry, etc. Perhaps if things go well, we will be ready to move in by July. We'll see. Either way, it's pretty exciting.

Our weekends have been spent shopping for our finishings. Sinks, toilets, water taps, doors, tiles, light fixtures. It's amazing how much you take for granted when you move into a place that is already finished. However, it's been a really fun process.

Other areas in life...
Work is going well for both of us, though we have been rather busy...

Other than work and house stuff, we don't really have much to report...

Thankfully things are beginning to cool off and temperatures in my office are hovering in the upper 70's rather than the 80's. This is a VERY welcome break and has made my daily runs more enjoyable as well.

I'm working my way up to a 10k for Thanksgiving, which we will be celebrating in the U.S. I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Here are some updated pictures of the house for your enjoyment. :-)

The first is the house from the street.
Next is the upstairs family room looking from the back terrace to the front of the house.
Next is one of the extra bedrooms.
Next looking from the laundry room through the kitchen into the living/dining room.
Finally, a picture of the back yard from the ground floor back terrace.

4 comments:

apickerell said...

hi, i found your blog as I was looking around at forigners in Mauritius. I am also marrying a Mauritian man. Congrats on everything. God bless!

katiecutehair said...

Hi there... Where are you from? How do you meet your Mauritian man? :-) Will you be moving here? Just curious. Hope you love your Mauritian as much as I love mine!

arcticfox said...

Wow, Katie ~ your house looks incredible! I'll bet it's nice now with the windows in. Have you finished painting yet? :0)

Sherry

katiecutehair said...

Believe it or not, the house is actually finished and we have moved it. I have just been terrible at blogging. Hopefully I can get some new pictures up today so you can see the progress. :-)