Friday, March 21, 2008

A Trip In to London






Today Don Hodson (a co-worker from the U.S.) and I road the train into London. We actually road the train to Wimbledon, yes, the Wimbledon. We then hopped on the tube and road into the city. Our first stop was Big Ben, then Westminster Abbey. We crossed the Thames River and saw the London Eye, then walked over to Trafalgar square where we went into the National Gallery. It is a free museum and I literally saw original works by Monet, Van Gogh, and Renoir... It was pretty surreal. Then we headed over the St. Paul's Cathedral. Across the street we went to lunch at a Gourmet Burger something... Anyway, I had the Greek Lamb burger, and it was AWESOME!!! I would definitely go back there, or recommend it to others. From there we headed to the Tower of London. This is where they keep the crown jewels. We didn't take the tour to see them, but I will some day. We walked across the Tower Bridge, then came back to good ole Weybridge. It was a pretty amazing day. Lot's of walking, but it was well worth it. Here are some photos.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I am so happy you had a good day. Scope out the good spots! I cannot wait to visit you!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. The Greek lamb burger particularly.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Every time I look at this I think, I'd better start walking now to get in shape for a visit. Ha!
Can hardly wait to see it for myself. So proud of you.