Monday, March 24, 2008

Windsor Castle





Today Don and I went to Windsor Castle. Because the Queen is coming tomorrow, several parts of the castle were closed off, but luckily the ticket I bought will get me in for free when I go back. I got to see Queen Mary's Dollhouse. The thing is immaculate, complete with working electric and plumbing. Even tiny silverware in the dinning room... I also got to see the chapel in the castle. It is beautiful. Unfortunately you can't take pictures anywhere so I will have to remeber it all in my head. Here are a few pictures I grabbed on the outside though.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Great pictures. Sooooo fun!

What is the remote like thing you are holding in the one pic?

katiecutehair said...

It's the audio tour device... Pretty interesting, but quite informative.

Anonymous said...

Amazing!The guard looks so young.
Did you get him to smile?
Are tours not allowed when the queen in in?

katiecutehair said...

I didn't get him to smile, but I didn't really try... that's just mean. Tours don't get to go on while the queen is there, but I can't really blame her, I wouldn't want someone touring my house while I was there, not to mention the security risk.