Becky came to visit me this last week and we had a wonderful time. I was really sad to see her go today. While she was here we took both London and Paris by storm. The first day she was here was a bank holiday so I was off work. We went into London and started by riding the London Eye. It is incredible and definately a must... Next we headed to Westminster Hall (Big Ben) and Westminster Abbey. Our favorite part of the abbey was Poet's Corner. Next we headed to Buckingham Palace followed by a walk to Trafalgar Square. We ended up crossing the river and seeing the city at night. It is absolutely beautiful along the Thames...
This past Saturday we boarded the early train for Paris. 2.5 hours later we were there. It is a dirty, smelly city, but I am glad to have the experience. I am also really thankful for the French classes I took in high school and college. They actually were very helpful. We started at Notre Dame, then walked all the way to the Eiffel Tower... Along the way we say the Louvre, the Musee' D'Orsay, the Place de la Concorde... We then got to see the Eiffel Tower one of my favorite places... It was awesome. We walked up the stairs the whole way, but were really thankful for the elevator down. Next we went to the Arc d' Triomphe and the Champs Elysee. We ended at Montmartre and the Sacre C'ouer. We were totally knackered by the time we finished... It was an amazing experience though. I guess that's about it for now.
Cheers-
No comments:
Post a Comment