Today I fell in love... Not with a person, but with a place. This morning on my way to work I fell in love with London... Before, when I have come into the city, it has been more of a chore - a drudgery to fight the commuters and make my way into work. Today it was much more than that to me.
I have to admit, it hit me on the most unlikely of days. As I gaze out the window it is raining and cool, there is nothing asthetically beautiful about it, but somehow it captured me in one grand swoop. I think that God blessed me today and allowed me to step outside myself momentarily to see what a blessing he has provided. This morning I wasn't just another harried commuter making my way in, I was an observer of an organism... This place isn't simply a location it is a living paradox. On one hand it is a nursery, giving life to new things and on the other a cemetary, and a place for mourning. It is a place for lovers and a place for fighters... A battleground where men and woman clad in dark pin-striped suits ride subways to defend their worth at a place of business. I think this morning I was able to see the humanity of the city.
I don't know that I have ever been so inspired by one place...
Now I sit and contemplate all of my observations, not only of today, but of my other days here. I am in awe... What an amazing place.
Who would have thought the love of my life would be a city?
No comments:
Post a Comment