Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's been a while

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while... I could make up excuses, but they are all really rubbish in the end.
I am glad to be back in the U.K. The weather is considerably cooler and I miss the things I still find quirky about British culture. :) Like the fact that on a train full of people you can usually hear a pin drop because the idea of striking up a conversation with the person next to you would never cross your mind...
I just finished a Bill Bryson book about England. I found myself laughing outloud at his observations because they were sooo true. I think some of them can only really be appreciated by those who have spent considerable time here and aren't just passing through on a holiday.
At any rate, I am here, gazing out the window at the rain. Ah... England, how I have missed you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see a new blog. I am seeing waaayyy to much rain here.
Happy 4th, I know it won't be the same there. Ha!

Becky said...

Ahhhh, England and Katie, I miss you both! I actually miss walking to the train station...and the tube. I miss the accents. :) And the TV shows! :)