Yesterday I spent some time in Woking. I went to church, which I will come back to, and did a little shopping at the Peacock's Center.
Church was a real blessing to me. We had a baptism service yesterday. I really enjoy the way my church here does these services, because they allow the people being baptized to give there testimony. They also share the gospel in a very plain way so that the visitors who have come to see their friends and family get baptized will hear the truth.
Yesterday, I was allowed to hear the testimony of 4 adults who were getting baptized. One of them really stood out to me, and because of that, I want to share it with you. I don't remember the ladies name, but she is here in England from Pakistan. Her mother was a secret Chrsitian believer, but her father is an emom in the Mosque. As a young person, she had several distinct dreams about a man in white flowing robes. Her mother explained to her that the man was Jesus. She fell in love with Jesus and spent time praying to him. She was never allowed to read a Bible, because it was too dangerous, but God revealed himself to her. After her mother passed away, she came to England because she was afraid for her life. Her father and uncle being very hostile toward her. Since her coming here, she has been able to read the Bible freely and understand many things about him. The amazing thing is that she became a believer back in Pakistan, before she had ever read a Bible because the Lord had revealed himself to her in very real ways. I know I shouldn't be amazed by stories like that, because that is the God we serve. He is big enough and good enough to do those kinds of things.
I hope that hearing a testimony of God's goodness is a blessing to you too. :)
2 comments:
I too stand amazed. How very much we take for granted.
That's a really encouraging story. A great testimony of how in control our God is. Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment