Yesterday it hit me for the first time. I will not be celebrating the "holidays" at home this year. I am excited to have the adventure of spending these holidays somewhere new and exciting , but naturally my heart will be with my family and friends...
Thursday will be the first of these holidays spent far away. Here in England there is no Thanksgiving and so I will be missing out all together. Perhaps if I am lucky I will find a specialty shop that sells pumpkin pie, but I doubt that I will be lucky enough to celebrate the holiday in that way. I will however be taking the time to make a list of all of the things I am thankful for this year. To be sure, if you are reading this blog... you are on the list.
I am so blessed to have some many people to love, and who love me in return. You are the characters in the story of my life and you have made the plot an adventure. Naturally, I am thankful this year also for being in the UK. This is surely a gift from God and I think has brought some beneficial changes in me.
I want to wish everyone a really Happy Thanksgiving. Watch extra football and eat extra turkey for me. Light up your Christmas trees and begin your celebration.
3 comments:
We will all be missing you, too. For what it's worth, I would trade turkey & pumpkins for kabobs & banofee pie any day.
I'll be thinking about you.
Thanks Kit. I hope that you have a good time with Mom and that Grandma is happy and friendly while you are there. I will be thinking of you all and loving you... and hopefully I can snag a peice of banofee and think of you :)
Happy Thanksgiving, Kates! I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed our paths to cross. My life is so much better with you in it.
I ate some turkey in your honor. :)
Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment