Monday, January 19, 2009

Unexpected places

Sometimes the Lord speaks to us from unexpected places... I am sure that this is no surprise, or certainly it shouldn't be a surprise, but today I was blessed in this way. Let me tell you about it.

It all started with an email...
Here in the UK I can literally count all of my friends on one hand. Don't take the opportunity to feel sorry for me. I am okay with that. :-) The odd thing is, none of these friends are Christians. They all know that I am a religious person and that I believe in the Bible and in going to church etc... I have one friend, Sanette, who is South African. Her mother is a believer, but from what I understand from Sanette, she is really intense and judgemental about her religion... No room for fault in others. Sanette herself has said that she sees me differently because I am not judgemental of others. At any rate, this past week Sanette sent me an email about the clip below.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zCdZwitrNoY

The email contained a link to listen to this real radio call in from a 13 year old boy in Nebraska... Let me preface this by telling you that I have been feeling a bit lonely the past couple of days and really missing all of my Christian friends and family back home... I have really missed having encouragement from Christian people...

Listening to this young boy explain that God understands how we feel really spoke to me. And from all places, this message came via a non-believing friend. Isn't it amazing how God works?

I really feel like God is working in Sanette's life right now and I am praying that I will have more opportunities to share with her about my faith. Anyway- just be reminded that God can speak to you from unexpected places... just when you need it most. God gives you just what you need when you need it. He can give me words of encouragement through non-believing friends, just like he can through those who believe... That's just awesome.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That's wonderful, Kates! That is such a sweet clip. Know that I will continue to pray for your friends there in the UK.

Love you!