Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Gasoline in the UK

Before you start complaining about gas prices... consider that today I filled that tank of a Toyota Corolla yesterday here in the UK. After the tank was filled, the total came to 45 pounds 75 pence. When converted into US dollars, the amount taken from my bank account was $90.95! Can you believe it... almost one hundred big ones for a tank of gas! Don't worry... I get reimbursed for this expense, but yikes that's a lot of money. Here gas is sold by the liter and is currently running at about 1 pound 8 pence per liter... sounds cheap ,but in then end it's astonishing! All that to say, be thankful for the gas prices you have. Next time you fill up for 40 bucks, count your blessings. Maybe I'll start taking the train more ;)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow! I am thankful! Glad you get reimbursed; that is for sure!