
Friday after work a few of us from the office made our way to the local pub before catching a train home. A few hours and a few drinks later, 4 headed for some Thai food for dinner. (which was amazingly yummy) At 11:30 I found myself finally at the train platform waiting for my ride home. It was a wonderful evening of great food and great company. It was really nice to get to know a few folks better.
Saturday I met two girls from the office for shopping in Kingston. We had a lot of fun. It seems like time here really does fly when your having fun. We met up at around 12:30 and didn't get home til around 8:30. Believe it or not, they talked me into buying a pink jacket... Who would have thought? I am so thankful to be surrounded by such kind and friendly people. I have definately found myself among friends.
This after church I met a few people my age and was able to h ave a cup of tea with them at a local cafe. I am looking forward to meeting a few more church people tonight.
I am so thankful for the people the Lord has brought to me. He is truly a God who hears our prayers. I pray most of all that I would be salt and light to those around me. I pray that I can show the love of Christ to others.
3 comments:
Nice hat! :) Glad you are making friends...
Wonderful to read and rest assured that God know the plans He has for for Good and prosper you.
I am excited to hear that you are getting to know your fellow
"Ducks" as well as fellow Believers.
I love the hat, can't wait to see how it looks with the pink jacket.
[A very Bridget Jones weekend]
Hey Katie,
Wow its been along time, and England - cool! I tagged you in an online game, you can check it out and play if you want
http://gravesfamilystuff.blogspot.com/2008/04/ive-been-tagged.html
Rachel (Nottingham) Graves
Post a Comment