Sunday, April 20, 2008

Musical experiences and other ramblings

Friday I rode the train to a town called Hayward's Heath to meet with a customer. I wore a new suit and was told I looked rather smart (nicely dressed). It was quite the ride and made me appreciate that some people travel almost 2 hours to and from work everyday. Wow! Hayward's Heath is the closests I have been to the coast so far... but I am hoping to change that this summer. All of that is random, but there you go...
Saturday I went into London to meet some folks from work for a day at Covent Garden. Don't be decieved... there is no garden there. Anyway, I left from my local station at Weybridge and got to observe an interesting thing. As I was arriving at the station a group of older Brittish adults got off a tour bus. They were dressed to the nines... the ladies had on their hats and furs, the men had on costume-like suits... I felt like it was 1945 and the troops had just come home. It was completely outrageous. Even a Scot wearing his kilt. Anywho. To my surprise and delight when I got to my train platform, there was a swing band playing for this group of adults. They were marvelous. I wish I could have recorded the sight. I didn't have a camera or anyway to record it... The music made me want to break out into the Charleston right there. A bizarre but absolutely delightful experience. I am not sure what the group was doing or why the band was there, but I was really thankful to see it.
Then at Covent Garden, I got to see a really wonderful string quartet playing in a little area. Hard to explain, but absolutely wonderful... I could have sat there all day with a cup of coffe and just soak up the environment. Covent Garden is one of those places that you feel convinced if you sat there long enough, the whole world would walk by.
Anyway... I continue to be delighted with wonderful experiences all around. I have eaten some great food and even became a cannibal of sorts eating duck yesterday :)
Wonderful.

1 comment:

Becky said...

The duck ate duck. :) Too funny!

Sounds like some wonderful experiences. :) Thanks for sharing with us!